Warning

WARNING: Blogs may also feature cool tumbler post Russ has shared. Visit the original Tumblr for Rip 'Em System.

Sunday, June 23, 2019

PG Women > PG Divas

My initial title idea was "Diva Dunce vs Courageous C..." but I don't know if it is my place to desensitize that word. I know Motherf#c<@r can be a term of endearment, and I think the C-Word could be made that. Or you could claim I'm using the Washington NFL franchise argument. My rebuttal would be, I'm not calling them Pinkskins.

I've been able to stay busy enough of late that I haven't come up with new methods to drum up interest to produce my screenplay "Main Event of the Dead," an ode to zombies, the lesser levels of indie wrestlers, and exploring the lack of differences between Kurt Russell and Jeff Bridges.

I think that tag line is golden, but without feedback, how can I be certain? Let me know at russthebus07@gmail.com.

Last week's blog (Heidi Lovelace vs. Matt Cage 3--and a Podcast Pitch) actually garnered some attention. I suppose if I want to maintain interest in this blog (vicariously, my script), the focus should be on the same topic: pro wrestling. This isn't necessarily a fun topic for me to over think because the SPORT is something I already devote too much of my mental faculties to, but showing that I have some wisdom (or at least a lot of knowledge I can misplace) should serve as an implication that I know enough to do half of my screenplay's premise justice.

Too bad that this week is burned out on wrestling talk in general with Summer Slam and the blow off Raw. Every one seems to be awe of a pretty solid card from Sunday. I only caught the end of Raw, but did I need to see anything else from the show? Why should I expect two nights of solid booking...or fuel the ratings for a bullshit Diva feud?

And when is Paige going to start the "Anti-Diva" gimmick on WWE's broadcast TV? I suppose we need to wait for the total abandonment of the AJ Lee angle. It does make me wonder if Vince McMahon actually watches NXT because of the recent abandonment of all the gimmicks of late. Or is NXT solely for Orlando marks who can't stand Dixie Carter? Thus, McMahon thinks it isn't the WWE crowd that watches NXT. Still, how can VKM not Bo-lieve in his method to totally brainwash those who cannot remember January 23, 1984?

I stated last week, I hate being a slave to transitions, but assumption shouldn't replace them. The AJ/Paige issues are not cow patties. Sometimes I even amaze myself, I'm claiming on FIRSTIES for properly assigning gender assignment to bovine excrement to describe a "Total Divas" feud.

Would Bret vs. Owen work if they were identical twins? I've had my wrestling mentor state that Diva wrestling will not work without being overly sexualized. Sable, Sunny, Torrie Wilson, Dawn Marie, Diva Search, etc.

Again, I have to be careful with assumption. AJ/Paige, the NXT girls not on E!, and the women on the indies--those performers are wrestlers, not Divas. It's a shame that women wrestlers have not been given a chance to headline on the grandest weekly stage (I'm not going to give them Wrestlemania until the experiment it performed).

We don't know that their great wrestling will not draw, but we do know that SEXY chicks cat fighting is bank. It was tried successfully. What do the Divas do except put over an executive or maintain male dominance? They don't wrestle and they don't cat fight, and they aren't tempting us with Playboy pictorials.

So, I thought I was just rambling. I had no clue on how to explain why I skipped Raw this week. Thanks for the drunks I had to devote time to picking up from Erin Feis to give me time to compose my thoughts.

I skipped Monday night wrestling to see "The Expendables 3." It was a good flick, perhaps a more intriguing story than the prior films, but not enough use of the established actors. And PG doesn't work with over the top action. So, my Monday viewing was a lateral move.

The point is, one of the new stars was Rhonda Rousey. I'll just make the open challenge to her now. She doesn't have an ounce of bushido, so I'd like a chance to show her a warrior's spirit. She talks a big game as long as Cyborg isn't signed. But she's talked herself to headline cards, and the fights sell.

So if there is a female fighter who draws money with no softcore innuendo, surely women's wrestling can draw.

Vince cannot make movie storytelling work, so why not try mixed martial arts methods? Or read my previous blog (Heidi Lovelace vs. Matt Cage 3--and a Podcast Pitch) supporting inter-gender bouts. Surely he can make that look better than a Rousey punch. Perhaps he can use the match I proposed. Rumbling Russ versus Rowdy Rhonda.

Bonus Rationalization: Another Lesson from Lovelace vs. Cage

This match needed to end with Heidi Lovelace proving she was the better combatant. It is like the end of "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" when Luke Skywalker freaks out and beats the hell out of Darth Vader. Luke was defeated once, is emotionally wrecked, but overcomes to be the last Jedi standing. This was repeated in the end of the prequel trilogy with Anakin vs Dooku, but who cared about little orphan Anni.

Now, I think I've figured out the flaw of "Episodes I-III." There was no Has Solo character. We could all relate to Luke's struggles, but we all wanted to be was Han Solo. We all wanted to be cool, arrogant, and callous, but totally redeemable.

Rationalization 63: Han Solo is "Pretty Woman"

And Van Damme's best character was Chance Beaudreaux, the vagrant who could kick butt and seemed to know if he could do that, who needs a real job? Followed by "Bloodsport's" Frank Dux who was very zen, but a rebel who was good at video games and knew some parlor tricks to get the girl.

We all strive to be that hooker with a heart of gold. You can call it protecting the witness during a New Orleans or smuggling two passenger and a pair of droids. No questions asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Holds Barred: Vince McMahon’s Mein Kampf

The title and content of this blog is satirical. I do not believe there is any evidence to suggest that the McMahon family or WWE Inc. (wh...