Warning

WARNING: Blogs may also feature cool tumbler post Russ has shared. Visit the original Tumblr for Rip 'Em System.

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Putting Myself Over: Tank Girl/Daffney vs Deadpool/David Flair in WWE Supercard

September 13, 2014

How long can I keep appealing for a wrestling podcast when nothing is happening in the industry? I can claim my personality can trump that, but with few (as in nil) requests for a treatment of the "Main Event of the Dead" script (request by emailing russthebus07@gmail.com) and I know 37 people were interested in my self-deprecating blog from the prior week, my wit may only be self perceived.

May be it wasn't the right time to cut off my cable TV. "@midnight" Hash Tag wars as an act of expression will be tough to maintain.

I guess it's a good thing I like to check out All American Wrestling in Berwyn, Illinois. With the absence of Kevin Harvey due to injury, maybe I can pick up on his pod-casting. Or add some brains that seem to be missing from the entourage for the faction/tag team "We Are Here."

I may have to watch some old MNM matches and Daffney's WCW efforts on the WWE Network to see if Nikki Mayday screaming makes her a good heel valet or not. There just seems to be no motivation behind her character. She didn't seem like much of a heel, just someone trying to gain attention in a cluster muck of an eight man tag. As new AAW Champion Eddie Kingston said, "Indie wrestling is alive and well," too the point where this show would have benefited from four less performers. I mention this because Dan Lawrence and Marcus Crane seemed to be more focused on playing off of her than the match. Not to say that there was a lot of focus since this match seemed to have been thrown together to get all of the promotion regulars (and favorites) respectively.

Her "Tank Girl" apparel is out of place because there were certain subtleties to Lori Petty performance as the character. If it's an homage to the loud comic strip cutaways in the 1995 film, I might understand it, but I think subtle nature was implied even in those since they were in black and white.

http://www.deviantart.com
In the end, I should lay off my critique of her because she might be an aficionado of the actual comic books which, at this point, I cannot claim to be, thus she may have nailed it. That, and does it sound like a good idea to take time out of my day to watch David Flair's work? You cannot even knock her if she's ripping off the "Tank Girl" character. This is because I know that if I tried to put on a Deadpool mask, my sense of humor makes it impossible for me to not be considered a knock off. Then again, my Deadphool is still better than Ryan Reynolds.

It took four paragraphs but I think I have once again proved why I should be "The Nerdist" wrestling guy instead of the "Wrestling Compadres." At least this women in wrestling tangent is promoting someone who is putting an effort in presenting a character instead of an interview with a pretty face (Eva Marie) that acknowledges she's not being developed to know a damn thing about the business. Not Eva Marie's fault (rarely is it with WWE), but if we don't stop encouraging it, where will the space be for Charlotte on the main roster?

And where are there movie reference laced rasslin' rants? That question kind of made me wish I was an Asian stereotype for alliteration sake. Born in the wrong place I suppose. Have I just realized why "I'm So Ronery?"

Since the bold font was turned on, I may as well continue to plead for feedback. If you would like a treatment of my comedic zombie versus pro-wrestler themed screenplay, "Main Event of the Dead," send me an e-mail at russthebus07@gmail.com (I've still got my Comcast Internet, so spam doesn't scare me). Suggestions for ideas on how to promote my proposed film to a point where I feel confident about moving to a crowd-sourcing stage would be greatly appreciated. At the very least, any kind of comment will be appreciated (we all have some kind of Google related account to do so). Would it kill you to take a minute to give me a bull shit "Five Stars" review./?

Since I have a focus on women in wrestling, The Nerdist wouldn't lose anything...except for the attempts to imitate the lamest angles of WWE and the soundboard. To prove that and my uber-nerdiness, lets talk about WWE Supercard, 2K and CatDaddy's video card game for IOS and Android.

I had a more thorough review of AAW's Defining Moment show from September 12, 2014, but I'm running out of space on the page and time at work. Sorry about poor time management. Too busy running off the homeless wandering the hotel's lot...and being distracted by my "King of the Ring" activity on my iPhone. Allow the following to explain as I attempt a first: Getting an iPhone app's 3-Star review read.

WWE Supercard: Addicting Despite Its Flaws (Review #42, so it must be the answer).

It's very simple which makes it a great time killer at work that keeps you away from the social networks.

The flaw is that it doesn't allow you to learn on your own. If you do not read all of the tutorials, which are not easy to find, you will get frustrated as you try to advance. And unfortunately you cannot say 'screw it' and start over again, so you cannot get it right. The e-mail I received from the developer makes it apparent that this game will not address this.

"There is no way to restart or delete your account."

Mike Koontz - CatDaddy

Still, it keeps you busy and doesn't require, or allow, much strategy, so it will continue to amuse you more than any 1 or 2 minute smartphone game can. Because of this, and promises of events, I could not rid my phone of the app.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Holds Barred: Vince McMahon’s Mein Kampf

The title and content of this blog is satirical. I do not believe there is any evidence to suggest that the McMahon family or WWE Inc. (wh...