Warning

WARNING: Blogs may also feature cool tumbler post Russ has shared. Visit the original Tumblr for Rip 'Em System.

Monday, July 6, 2020

Is Roman Reigns the New (and Adjace) Zeus?

This one may get out a week later than I like. Credit was increased on a card I’m still using, so that necessitates me to spend to build credit. It wasn’t eBay that took up my free time at work. It was my attempt to come up with a tattoo idea of a self-destructive take on the Japanese lucky cat figurine. For those counting at home, that is cat tat number eight (5 tats, 8 cats…and that’s what happens when you don’t let your kids have pets Dad).
I’d rather go “Hollywood Shuffle” with the money I technically don’t have, but I’ve yet to come up with or receive any ideas on how to further promote “Main Event of the Dead,” my screenplay for a pro-wrestling based zombie-comedy. If you want to help out in getting my project to the point where I feel it’ll get resources from Kickstarter or IndieGoGo, send me an e-mail at russthebus07@gmail.com.
What I have come up with is perhaps the final chapter in my “The Social Impact of No Holds Barred” homage. It kind of sucks because I think a Tumblr (check out the NHB archives Tumblr “Rip ‘Em System”) should seem infinite. And if I don’t get this written by Monday 8 pm Eastern, it may be irrelevant. That would mean WWE creative is finally doing a good job, so I may not need to be so hard on myself.
I sent out a tweet last week to the lesser of the host (in terms of wrestling fandom) of the “Cheap Heat” podcast, Peter Rosenberg [@Rosenbergradio]). This was the first time I ever used the term “adjace” (the “hip?” way of saying similar but inferior, derived from adjacent).
Is pushing Roman Reigns after The Shield folded like pushing Jim Neidhart when the Hart Foundation disbanded? @Rosenbergradio #adjace
Too bad the Anvil’s Twitter account isn’t verified. He’d have liked the love he got from the response.
@BDKiiing: reigns is not good. He has the look, that is all. Hack wrestler. Charisma vacuum. Needs a mouth piece
@BDKiiing: no. Anvil was a better wrestler and more charismatic. 
@Rosenbergradio: No def not
Sorry if that is underwhelming Mr. Neidhart, just enough for me to be angry that I made it a drunken bedtime tweet. Stupid e-mail notifications. I suppose I should have said that it would have been like pushing Marty Jannety instead of Shawn from the disbanding of The Rockers to be #adjace.
There would have been a good chance I wouldn’t get any sleep from the phone constantly going off. Not placing @realjannety in the tweet seems like a good move. It “real” is the next best thing to being “verified.”

Is #real #adjace to being #verified. I know my lack of knowledge cost me a chance to be on @midnight “Tag Team Thursday,” but with all the abbreviations and phone-related symbols, ignorance may be bliss for this former English major.
This is all a complement to Michaels since I’d watch old Rockers’ matches to build an argument to prove Marty was the talent. I despised the heel so much, I wanted to believe he stunk by denying the obvious.
I doubt anyone tries to be delusional about Reigns’s stardom. Then again, I’m sure no one wanted to take the time to ponder why The Anvil never got a solo push.
Did Jim Neidhart have more charisma than Roman Reign? Yes, perhaps even more than Bret Hart. Of course I’d argue Bret had and created a more charismatic look. So look may count for charisma, hence the argument is void.
As for wrestling, I’ll have to go to Wikipedia to come up with The Anvil’s signature moves. A side from a match with Vader on the infamous taped Raw that was broadcasted against the live Nitro which featured Rick Rude’s WCW return, I can’t recall any single matches of his that weren’t jobs for WCW. Thus, I never saw his Cobra and Camel Clutches. It’s tough to say that he was nothing more than The Hitman’s prop.
WWE was wise not giving Reigns and Seth Rollins a double team finish while they reigned as tag team champions. It forced a showcase of offense by both performers. We remember and complain about the spear and Superman punch like we complained and remembered the boot and leg drop and the spear and jackhammer.
Is Roman Reigns Bill Goldberg #adjace. No, because the push was based around Goldberg’s silence. There’s no doubt that Reigns is over produced if they failed to realize how to play to his strengths…or listen to CM Punk (Chris Hero, at the very least, fit the bigger than Ambrose and Rollins attribute) instead of trying to invent his attributes.
Let’s all agree that Reigns lacks what it takes to be at the top of the marquee. He’s deficient in mic work and in ring skills (at least when there is money to be drawn with Daniel Bryan’s move set and story telling) but neither was Rocky Maivia. Of course they didn’t bring him to the headliner spot until the fans quit hijacking his shit. But, they didn’t need to be desperate to create a star (which should be the case with Daniel Bryan in year two on top [he’s got an Austin Era worth of stuff]).
If they don’t push Reigns to the top, it proves that they don’t have a method of creating stars. Sami Zayn, Adrienne Neville, Kevin Steen (until they shut down his Pro Wrestling Tees store), Finn Balor, and Hideo Itami are who we watch NXT for, not a college football player among them.
The last time I can recall a debacle like this was when then tried to make 100-millions dollars with a guy who didn’t work the indies. That guy was Zeus. No mic skills. Lacking ring skills. BELIEVE THAT.
This maybe the reason why Hulk Hogan is behind Daniel Bryan. He’s seen this movie before. You have to cheer for yourself (like I am for making my deadline).
Zeus is why Kurt Fuller was stuck in supporting antagonist role purgatory. Perhaps Vigo the Carpathian contributed a little to Fuller’s fate, but he Kurt wasn’t cutting promos in “Ghostbusters 2.” With that said, “Raw” cannot be guest hosted by the cast of “Ghostbusters 3.”
Does WWE want to see their future dragged to mediocrity for a single character? Even my blogs lack hits when I lay the Tiny Lister tribute on thick.

Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Holds Barred: Vince McMahon’s Mein Kampf

The title and content of this blog is satirical. I do not believe there is any evidence to suggest that the McMahon family or WWE Inc. (wh...