Warning

WARNING: Blogs may also feature cool tumbler post Russ has shared. Visit the original Tumblr for Rip 'Em System.

Friday, October 11, 2019

Hashtag IWA MeToo: Match 2 - Add a Pound Sign or Names of Jerks?

Do not look at your blogger stats when you are looking for motivation to write.
I am starting to think that writing maybe nothing more than practice. Too bad I need a better work situation to just take a day or two to devote writing my next work of fiction. If it is any comfort to my tens of readers, management positions at my day job are something that I am pursuing which is a first. As for freeing myself from the overnight drone work, that will have to wait for a relationship building trip to Vegas to pass, a long with my anti-anxiety and sleep aid.
May be I cannot do anything right. My third trip to Sin City is being planned, and yet again, I cannot enjoy all that the state of Nevada has to offer. Granted, I have out grown wanting to visit the adult entertainment facilities outside of Clark County, but they turn around and legalize cannabis. How do I always miss out, be it blogging or partying?
It is sad to say that it seems that you have to shock people to get a response to your posts. If memory serves me right, (and after checking out the stats from Harshside.com, it does) calling out pit bull owners in a title and referring directly to Peoria wrestling seemed to have resulted in my biggest numbers of views. On this website, people were not reading “Racism Can Play in Peoria. What About Your Local Wrestling?”, but they had a response…oh did they have a response. Either everyone’s social media feeds lean so far left or right that those people who defended the absolutely wrong ideology of Tracy Smothers are not aware of the last blog post (to my credit, I found out about Ian’s insensitivity), or they have just become too jaded to even think about somebody suggesting they are assholes.
Damn people basing philosophy from novelty tees (“Mom told me I could be what ever I wanted, so I became an asshole” for example). It may inspire me to take a motorboat engine to those GEICO matinees.
Or if I infer from Ian Rotten’s Facebook feed, the man who is excusing the awful, just does not produce enough interest for Twitter’s wrestling pundits to care about his reckless posting.
So after quite a few shows with unsatisfactory houses (meaning they did not pay the bills), we have to switch some things around in order to keep this Thursdays show at $15.
I am not saying he is being a bad promoter, he just does not have the resources to affect the business. That is something I can definitely relate to. Hence, when I thought about a shocking blog title to sell this, I came up with “Redefining Rotten.” That that may be redundant. His further digging of his trench with those who permit a sexually dangerous environment shows how he wants to be defined.
If I have to give more credit to Rotten, I have to acknowledge that he has a better clue of what his audience wants. But with fans like the ones who immediately responded to my first response, why would you want to keep them?
Tonya Heath: I don’t give a shit about who’s cheating on who. I wanna see someone get their ass kicked and bleed! If that makes me sick and twisted, fuck it.
Esequiel Mark Gonzales: That’s kind of why I don’t give a damn about what’s going on in WWE any more and prefer to support my local Indies. It’s pretty much the only environment I can just sit back and be a fan like it was meant to be
Some may say that these folks are just ignorant. If that is the case, they are impressionable, so they can be educated through your product to be transformed from not only being lost, but from being douche bags. I did offer an education to these two.
It’s kind of embarrassing to find out that certain Indie fans are feeling disenfranchised by WWE’s efforts to keep rapists and and domestic violence out of their company, which is still affiliated with Donald Trump. If an ally to the autocrat is more socially aware and concerned about safety than these fans, you know these marks are on the wrong side of history.
If a promoter plays to the marks on the wrong side of history, it is hard to call them a good person.
This is where I left off with my Facebook fury for that day. I should be more optimistic. It was already posted on THE social network, why would they need two “PgDn” of explanation to why the misogyny that dominates it is so messed up?
With that said, I wonder if there are collegiate journals dedicated to the online society’s bullshit? I may just have to get over the possibility of being a college student in my 40's. It does not seem to be a stretch from what I am doing with my life now.
Here’s hoping for a few good nights at the tables come May.


Drools MacDougal went to work on his breakfast, landing most of it in his mouth. helladamnsquirrels.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Holds Barred: Vince McMahon’s Mein Kampf

The title and content of this blog is satirical. I do not believe there is any evidence to suggest that the McMahon family or WWE Inc. (wh...