Warning

WARNING: Blogs may also feature cool tumbler post Russ has shared. Visit the original Tumblr for Rip 'Em System.

Sunday, February 17, 2019

A Belt for the IWC? The Disgruntled’s Real World Champ - Part 3

It was a pretty good week of wrestling without the WWE Network or indie shows to attend. Sunday was spent in the old venue for Freelance Wrestling, The Bottom Lounge, to see Pig put on a great set. A woman actually was impressed by my industrial rock-themed vest and may be sending the materials to build her one. For something that I was hoping to use as ring gear someday (anyone have 12-grande to help me start a wrestling promotion), my indie credibility seems secured.
Only downer was the breakup of Okada and Gedo. Right after I had bout the shirt that featured both of them being very kawaii.
And speaking of Freelance, Muhammad Ali really impressed me for the first time on “205 Live (via Hulu)” since his bout with Buddy Murphy. Since he is someone who is ripping off DJZ and never a strong promo (at least on WWE TV), he left me hoping they will not ditch the brand. If only the Hulu version could cut out the non-match segments. I cut the WWE Network off because of the sexism, but I was not missing contract signings and championship-related, face-to-face verbal sparring.
NJPW World, Being the Elite, and sales at Pro Wrestling Tees: keep this formula up and it may lead to me never consider a WWE World Champion as the premier champion in the industry. Just wait till I tap into the Honor Club. Is the Highspots Network worth it?
Regardless of my thoughts on the future champions, when Puroresu was being established, I think most of us agree it was a totally different style. Besides for swapping your American World title to a Japanese wrestler on his soil to build another fan base, there was very little crossover. Story lines are what drives the American-style while an in ring athletic spectacle is what you watch Japanese wrestling for. You can just pick a NJPW match to watch and never need a video package to give you context.
So, what I am getting at is it may not be reasonable to put the IWGP Heavyweight, GHC Heavyweight, or the Triple Crown in the running as possible Real World Heavyweight Championship.
Fortunately, there was Samoa Joe and Chris Benoit who were there to make us not necessarily watch the majority of JBL’s title reign and to make things further interesting in regards to this narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Holds Barred: Vince McMahon’s Mein Kampf

The title and content of this blog is satirical. I do not believe there is any evidence to suggest that the McMahon family or WWE Inc. (wh...